Welcome to HOPEFUL EXPECTATIONS DOULA SERVICES
What is a Doula:
A DOULA IS A SOURCE OF COMFORT, SUPPORT, INFORMATION PRENATALLY, DURING LABOUR AND BIRTH AND POSTPARTUM.
In "The Doula Book" written by Klaus, Kennell and Klaus - Research shows that parents who were supported by Doulas during labour reported:
• Labour and birth as less painful
• Feeling more in control of birth
• Less anxiety after birth
• Feelings of increased self confidence
• A lower incidence of postpartum depression
• Increased incidence of breastfeeding at 6 weeks
• Improved relationships with their partners
As your Doula, I will provide you with the tools, resources, support and information to contribute to your hopeful expectations. Catchment area covers all of York Region. There may be flexibility to provide support to clients outside York Region - just reach out.